Abaxis Piccolo Xpress
The Piccolo xpress is a convenient and compact clinical chemistry system developed for the on-site testing of patients. In size, it is almost like a shoebox. The easily understandable color touch screen commands enable health care providers to carry out everyday multi-chemistry. 0.1cc of plasma, serum, or whole blood is directly added to the 8-cm diameter, patented, single use plastic disc which holds the dry reagents and liquid diluent. The disc is put in the analyzer drawer. It is in this drawer that capillary and centrifugal forces are utilized to blend the sample and reagents in the disc.
The Piccolo xpress simultaneously checks the reagent reactions utilizing nine wavelengths, calculates results from absorbance information, and reveals the results. The clinical chemistry system self-calibrates with every run. The continuous, on-board iQCT (Intelligent Quality Control) scrutinizes the analyzer, sample, and reagent reactions, to ensure instrument integrity and chemistry. This guarantees the user of high accuracy, quality results. In about 12 minutes, the result is ready along with a report (hard copy) appropriate for the patient file.
The result may also be transferred to a printer, LIS/EMR, or computer. One can thus quickly get vital diagnostic details at point of care. No special training is needed to operate this low maintenance, easy operation system.
The Abaxis Piccolo Xpress is a fully automated clinical chemistry system designed for the on-site testing. A small but powerful device, it delivers accurate results in approximately 12 minutes. This chemistry analyzer allows healthcare practitioners to perform routine multi-chemistry panels using 0.1cc of whole blood, serum or plasma. It uses patented single-use reagent discs which contain up to 14 chemistry tests. The results are printed on a self-adhesive hard copy or through electronic transfer, allowing immediate access to critical information at the point-of-care. It has a large memory capacity which stores up to 5000 patient records. With a Piccolo Xpress chemistry analyzer on the front-lines of care, hospitals, doctors and clinics can diagnose and treat patients in a single visit.
Abaxis Piccolo Xpress – Advantages
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to use, requires little training
- Accuracy and precision comparable to larger, more expensive laboratory analyzers
- Eliminates daily control testing requirements
- Low maintenance
- Requires no special operating skills
- Full-color touch screen with intuitive user interface.
- Small footprint measures 32.4 cm (12.75 in.) x 15.2 cm (6 in.) x 20.3 cm (8 in.).
- Operator security capabilities limit non-user entry.
- On-board intelligent Quality Control system performs continuous QC checks during the complete analytical process to ensure accurate results.
- Multi- analyte panel results include alpha-numeric patient information, analyte concentrations, reference ranges, sample integrity indices and QC performance.
- Bidirectional communication USB ports transmit data to external peripherals.
- Peer reviewed studies support performance.
- Bar coded self-contained reagent discs are self-calibrating and monitor panel information.
The testing process is simple and involves just three simple steps. Complete panel results, which include patient demographics, chemistry concentrations, reference ranges, sample integrity indices and iQC are available on the full color display, printed on a self-adhesive roll-tape, transmitted to an external printer, computer or LIS/EMR system.
Purchase of Abaxis Piccolo Xpress chemistry analyzer from a reliable clinical laboratory equipment and reagents dealer in New York would ensure great pricing.
Small footprint measures 32.4 cm (12.75 in.) x 15.2 cm (6 in.) x 20.3 cm (8 in.) Portable and lightweight with carrying handle only weighs 11.2 pounds The advanced technology uses centrifugal and capillary forces to mix diluent, reagents and sample in a self-contained, disposable disc lessening opportunities for procedural errors On-board intelligent Quality Control system performs continuous QC checks during the complete analytical process to ensure accurate results Bar coded self-contained reagent discs are self-calibrating and monitors panel information Multi- analyte panel results include alpha-numeric patient information, analyte concentrations, reference ranges, sample integrity indices and QC performance Operator security capabilities limit non-user entry Peer reviewed studies support performance Bidirectional communication USB ports transmit data to external peripherals. Stores up to 5000 patient and control results on-board
Block Scientific, an established supplier of quality lab equipment in the U.S., offers reliable point-of-care chemistry analyzers from leading manufacturers. We offer the Piccolo Xpress chemistry analyzer from Abaxis. This is the only portable diagnostic device to offer a full complement of CLIA waived blood chemistry tests at the point-of-care.
Automated Chemistry Analyzer From Abaxis
This compact analyzer allows healthcare providers to process whole blood, serum, and plasma samples in self-contained, single-use reagent discs. Mainly designed for the on-site testing of patients, it delivers routine multi-chemistry and electrolyte test results quickly and easily in approximately 12 minutes.
This reliable device incorporates a process called iQC (“intelligent Quality Control”) that meets established QC standards independently of the operator’s skill level. To ensure the highest quality and accuracy in results, the iQCT system performs continuous quality control checks on every run, eliminating daily control testing requirements.
Its centrifugal action mixes the reagents and sample in a disposable self-contained disc, reducing procedural errors. The device’s accuracy and precision is comparable to that of larger, more expensive laboratory analyzers.
- Self calibrates with every test run – no manual data entry
- Full-color touch screen with intuitive user interface
- Results are printed on a self-adhesive hard copy or via electronic transfer
- Large memory capacity stores up to 5000 patient records
- Externally accessible bi-directional USB data transfer technology facilitates EMR connectivity
- Every self-contained reagent disc is bar-coded for automatic self-calibration