The Carescape B650 patient monitor combines advanced data communication with smart design.
The right data means better outcomes
- Integrates with GE Engstrom and Anesthesia Carestation devices with remote on/off function.
- Monitoring can start from the anesthesia station.
- CARESCAPE Patient Data Module offers seamless patient data capture in HIS/ EMR for continuity of care.
- Key parameters help with quality of care: dual Sp02, continuous metabolics and gas exchange, Ek-Pro arrhythmia analysis, and Adequacy of Anesthesia parameters, such as Entropy and NMT.
- Diagnostic cardiac measurement bedside with 12SL* ECG analysis and two-way integration to the MUSE* cardiology information system, for validated access to a patient’s history and serial comparison of cardiac status.
- Combination monitoring with Apex Pro* telemetry for patient mobility.
Compact and Efficient Design
- User-friendly interface gives caregivers a clear view of vital data at all times.
- Configurable 15-inch display with pivotal frame gives you full access to the patient and enhanced cable management.
- Transition patients easily from high to low acuity.
- Easily train all staff experience levels on the familiar, user-friendly interface.
- Pages & Profiles functionality offers dedicated software for Anesthesia, PACU, Critical Care, Emergency Care and NICU care areas.
- Customize views from eight to 14 waveforms with overlays and insets to suit the caregivers’ and patients’ needs.
- Exceptional alarm functionality allows sharing of clinically significant alarms within and across care units, helping optimize workflow and reducing unnecessary alarms.
- Leverage your existing network and protect your long-term investment with scalability and flexibility.
- Get in-person, remote or off-site service to keep your system running efficiently while lowering maintenance costs.
Treatment Area Configurations:
- NICU software package includes up to 8 patient Profiles allowing you to create NICU-specific alarm settings and defaults to fit patient acuity, gestational age, and clinical need.
- Alarm management tools like Automatic View on Alarm allows your nurses to monitor multiple babies or bedsides, helping to improve workflow and manage care in a NICU team environment.
- A wide-range of neonatal algorithms for accurate, easy, and informed decision making:
- Reduce arrhythmia alarms in infants with low ECG signals with GE’s EK-Pro v13, which lowers QRS detection threshold by 25%.1
- Utilize Marquette 12SL* ECG to simultaneously analyze and acquire 12-lead ECGs at the bedside for precise cardiac measurement and interpretation that even connects to MUSE cardiology information system.
- Reduce false heart rate alarms with GE IntelliRate by extracting from multiple signals (SpO2 or Art) if the primary heart rate is lost.
- Obtain fast, accurate, and comfortable blood pressures on infants with low pressures with DINAMAP* exclusive dual-lumen hose technology and SuperSTAT* algorithm.
- Choose your SpO2 technology for pre and post-ductal pulse oximetry: Masimo SET performs on poor perfusion patients like infants, especially when selecting Maximum sensitivity. Nellcor™ OxiMax SatSeconds technology designed to decrease false SpO2 saturation alarms.
Cardiac and ICU Options
- EK-Pro arrhythmia monitoring uses four simultaneous leads for analysis, including atrial fibrillation detection and trending, to enhance event detection and minimize false alarms.
- Continuous ST-segment monitoring of up to 12 leads and ST trend views enable you to detect clinically significant changes rapidly and intervene immediately.
- Continuous monitoring of QT/QTc prolongation helps you prevent life-threatening torsades de pointes events.
- Optional ACS mode provides higher sensitivity 12SL analysis for the detection of acute coronary syndrome in patients suspected of acute myocardial infarction or ischemia.
- ACI-TIPI facilitates triage of chest pain patients, improving diagnostic accuracy and reducing time to treatment.
- Up to 72-hour parameter trends allow you to analyze changes in the patient’s status, as well as evaluate the treatment’s effectiveness.
- Diagnostic quality of 12SL analysis and automatic, initial interpretation, along with two-way integration to the MUSE* cardiology information system, enable fast, validated access to a patient’s 12SL history and serial comparison of cardiac status.
- Innovative gas exchange and metabolics technologies for optimizing the patient’s nutrition, work of breathing and ventilator settings in order to help the patient in the healing and weaning process.
Operating Room and PACU Options
- OR dedicated software options to meet your specific monitoring needs.
- Scalability with parameter modules, dual display capability, and a variety of mounting options.
- Anesthesia Carestation solution combines patient monitoring, anesthesia delivery, predictive drug modeling, perioperative imaging and EMR devices in a single, integrated system.
- Innovative gas monitoring, including Patient Spirometry, to optimize ventilation and detect airway-related complications.
- In adults, Entropy monitoring may aid in monitoring the effect of certain anesthetic agents and may be associated with a reduction of anesthetic use and faster emergence from anesthesia.
- Modular NMT monitoring with ergonomic Mechano Sensors measure muscle response, indicates the level of neuromuscular block and may help to optimize the delivery of muscular relaxants.
- Integrates with bedside 12SL* diagnostic ECG and access to ECG database from preop to recovery, so potentially lethal cardiac problems can be detected and treated earlier.
- Unity Network* ID, when combined with the CARESCAPE* Monitor B650, allows you to connect to other selected devices, as well as send data to electronic medical records.
- Quickly change alarm settings based on patient type through alarm management tools.
- CARESCAPE Patient Data Module: Facilitates patient mobility with uninterrupted flow of clinical intelligence before, during and after intra-hospital transport by collecting all patient data from the CARESCAPE modular monitor and refreshing the patient’s record when reconnected to the network in the new location. Capable of 24-hour data storage with 36 arrhythmia events, 10 ST segments, 20 cardiac calculations and 10 pulmonary calculations. Exceptional parameter set includes 3-, 5-, and 6-leadwire ECG up to 8 measured ECG waveforms, EK-Pro four-lead arrhythmia analysis, optional 12RL* derived 12-lead ECG and 12SL* diagnostic 12-lead ECG, DINAMAP* SuperSTAT noninvasive blood pressure, and Masimo® SET® or Nellcor® OxiMax® SpO2.
- Patient Side Module: Enables simultaneous measurement of 3-, 5-, and 6-leadwire ECG up to 8 measured ECG waveforms, EK-Pro four-lead arrhythmia analysis with ST segment analysis, respiration, pulse oximetry, two temperatures, non-invasive blood pressure and optional two invasive blood pressures (in E-PSMP), optional 12RL* derived 12- lead ECG and 12SL* diagnostic 12-lead ECG in CARESCAPE* modular monitors.
- E-Entropy Module: Contains GE’s unique Entropy* algorithm that monitors the state of the brain.
- E-NMT Module: Integrates the measurement of the level of neuromuscular block and provides a quantitative, automatic measurement of muscle response to an electrical stimulus.
- E-EEG Module: Continuous integrated neuromonitoring with four channels of EEG and with auditory evoked potentials (AEP). The EEG headbox, N-EEG, must be used with the module.
- E-BIS Module: Monitors the state of the brain in the OR, ICU and procedural sedation locations. In addition to the BIS, the monitors display one channel of raw EEG, suppression ratio, signal quality index (SQI) and EMG.
- E-COP Module: Integrates the thermodilution cardiac output (C.O.), right ventricular ejection fraction (REF) and invasive blood pressure (P) measurements.
- E-COPsv Module: In addition to providing those measurements of the E-COP Module, provides mixed venous oxygen saturation (SvO2). ScvO2 measurement can also be obtained with a separate license.
- E-PiCCO Module: Provides a less invasive continuous cardiac output (CCO) measurement based on pulse contour calculation, transpulmonary thermodilution cardiac output (C.O.) and blood pressure (P).
- E-MASIMO Module: Oxygen saturation measurement utilizing Masimo SET® pulse oximetry.
- E-NSATX Module: Oxygen saturation measurement utilizing NellcorTM pulse oximetry measurement algorithm, based on OxiMaxTM NellTM line technology.
CARESCAPE Respiratory Modules (E-sCO(V), E-sC(Ai)O(V) and E-C(Ai)OVX): Airway modules designed to monitor respiratory and ventilator parameters in anesthesia and critical care applications. Depending on the module type, host device software version and the clinical application, the modules provide measurements of airway gases, anesthetic agents with identification and Patient Spirometry.
s = Single width
C = CO2 and N2O
Ai = Anesthetic agents and agent identification
O = Patient O2
V = Patient Spirometry
X = Gas exchange